It is the primary goal of the H. Del Beekley Rowing Foundation to pool the resources of our alumni and supporters to provide the SDSU Men’s Crew with the additional financial support that is necessary to ensure it’s longevity and success. The current Aztecs are pushing ahead with impressive momentum. The team has now reached a point where they have been able to sustain two paid coaches for five years straight. Now with outstanding coaching, the foundation aims to ensure both current and future oarsmen are well-equipped for success
If you share in our goal of helping SDSU Men’s Crew regain its competitive level, please take the opportunity to Donate to this fund. If you’re not able to donate at this time but would still like to help, feel free to attend one of our board meetings or contact the Board of Directors.
The secondary goal of the H. Del Beekley rowing foundation is to provide a single point of contact for alumni to learn about the current state of the program, and to reconnect with their teammates from years past.
Any support would be greatly appreciated
- 2019 End of the Year NewsletterThe Fall season has come to a close and we’re looking ahead to 2020. The team had a great Fall with new head coach Craig Doan, racing in the San Diego Fall Classic and the Head of the Harbor. You can read all about them here. Golf Tournament The annual H Del Beekley Rowing Foundation Golf … Read more
- Aztecs In Full Swing: Fall Racing & Team UpdateCrews approach the start on a hazy morning @ San Diego Fall Classic Aztec Football Tailgate – This Friday November 15th This Friday (11/15) is the Alumni tailgate party right before the SDSU/Fresno State football game. The football team is 7-2 so it’s a great time to see an Aztec game and catch up with … Read more
- A New Season Begins: Team Update, Alumni Row, and MoreMembers of this year’s varsity team recruiting on campus outside Love Library Coaching Change We regretfully announce that head coach Julia Gamache has decided to leave the program to become the head coach of LMU Men’s rowing. Julia began coaching novice at SDSU in 2013, and has been a mainstay of the program ever since. In her … Read more
- Summers Greetings! Padres Game Night & MoreCongratulations to the class of 2019 graduating oarsmen and coxswains (left to right) Bret Birney, Philip Pentsakov, Logan Gonsalves, and Melissa Gogin Happy Summer SDSU Rowing Alumni, Supporters, and Friends! We hope your summer is off to a good start and you are enjoying the extra hours of sunlight this time of year brings. The rowing … Read more
- Crew Classic Boat Purchase and Year-End UpdateHello SDSU Rowing Alumni, Supporters and Friends,After an exciting fall, it was a pleasure to kick off the spring season with the Crew Classic! The regatta featured some of the premier teams in the United States, and provided the Aztecs an opportunity to test themselves against the fastest crews in the nation. Both SDSU men … Read more