It is the primary goal of the H. Del Beekley Rowing Foundation to pool the resources of our alumni and supporters to provide the SDSU Men’s Crew with the additional financial support that is necessary to ensure it’s longevity and success. The current Aztecs are pushing ahead with impressive momentum. The team has now reached a point where they have been able to sustain two paid coaches for five years straight. Now with outstanding coaching, the foundation aims to ensure both current and future oarsmen are well-equipped for success
If you share in our goal of helping SDSU Men’s Crew regain its competitive level, please take the opportunity to Donate to this fund. If you’re not able to donate at this time but would still like to help, feel free to attend one of our board meetings or contact the Board of Directors.
The secondary goal of the H. Del Beekley rowing foundation is to provide a single point of contact for alumni to learn about the current state of the program, and to reconnect with their teammates from years past.
Any support would be greatly appreciated
- Olympic Past and PresentWe wanted to take a moment to congratulate current board president Bernard Aparicio on his showing at U.S. trials last month in Sarasota. Bernie has been training for a spot on the U.S. lightweight olympic national team since 2019, rowing with the Vesper high performance team in Philadelphia. After missing the Vesper selection for the […]
- The Latest Update On Aztec RowingOn November 20th, SDSU announced the discontinuation of the Women’s Rowing Program. The Open Letter by the University describes their stance and reasoning for the decision. Unfortunately, there appears to be little opportunity for the Women’s team to continue as a fully funded program after Spring 2021. The decision represents a loss for both San […]
- October NewsletterFall is upon us, and the school year is underway at SDSU. It has been a tumultuous year for everyone, and we hope this newsletter finds you well. For SDSU Men’s Crew, the pandemic has hit the racing season hard, but the team continues to persevere. After the cancellation of the spring racing season, the […]
- Where are they Now? – Glenn Schweighardt – SDSU 1973-1974As a 5th year senior at SDSU in ’73/’74, it was my last year to get a Varsity jacket. As a Community College transfer, I sat out the spring semester so I could start in the Fall of ’71 with all the other new students. Tennis was my primary sport at the time. However, my […]
- Annual Recap & Team UpdateEven with the season cut short, both the team and the foundation would like to take the opportunity to thank all of the supporters who have contributed this year by donating or attending a race. Below are some of the highlights from this very unusual year. Annual Meeting With the 2020 Crew Classic canceled, the foundation […]