It was great to see everyone at Crew Classic again this year! Once again, we had a good turnout of rowers from quite a few generations! Once again, we were treated to some exciting racing, and a nice BBQ by Eric, Andy & Dan!
We had out Beekley Foundation Annual meeting, and of course, it featured elections for the different positions on the board:
* President – This position (and an at-large position) will continue to be held by Aaron Pollock and Michele Pius. They rowed at SDSU in the mid-1980s, and have been huge supporters of the team since then!
* Vice President – Andy Olson returns to the board after a few years off. He was a founding member of Beekley Rowing Foundation, and rowed at SDSU in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
* Treasurer – Steve Lewis. This is Steve’s first time on the Board of Directors, and he rowed at SDSU in the early 1990s.
* Secretary – Dan Smith. Dan continues as secretary for the 6th consecutive year. He rowed at SDSU in the mid to late 1990s!
* At Large – Scott Petry. Scott rowed at SDSU in the 1980s, and rowed on the US National Lightweight team before pursuing a career in business. This is Scott’s 3rd consecutive year on the board of directors.